Calamus Journal is currently accepting submissions of poetry and visual artwork for its ninth issue. Please read the following guidelines before submitting work.
– We only take previously unpublished work. Simultaneous subs are fine, just let us know if your work gets accepted elsewhere.
– If accepted, we just ask for permission to keep your work archived on our site indefinitely. You keep all rights to your work; if your piece gets republished later on, we would appreciate an acknowledgment.
– We aim to reply to all submissions within one week. In the event that we do not get back to you within two weeks, feel free to query.
– If you are a previous contributor, please wait at least 6 months from the time of your prior publication before submitting again.
– We are a non-paying market.
– Send 1-4 poems in a word document, single-spaced.
– 40 lines maximum per poem.
– Begin each poem on a new page.
– Submit 1-4 visual art pieces as individual image attachments.
– In your e-mail, please include the name of each art piece you are submitting, as well as the media/materials used.
We accept submissions via email at calamusjournal AT gmail DOTCOM. Include a brief cover letter with a short (100 words or less) bio to be published alongside your work in the event of acceptance.