Calamus Journal is currently accepting submissions of poetry and visual art. Please read through the following guidelines before sending work.
• Please submit only previously unpublished work. Simultaneous submissions are fine; just e-mail us to let us know if your piece gets picked up elsewhere.
• You must possess all of the rights to the work you are submitting. If accepted, we just ask for the right to keep your work archived on our website indefinitely. All rights revert to you upon publication. If your piece gets republished later on, we would appreciate having Calamus credited.
• We aim to send decisions regarding all submissions within one week. In the event that we take longer, please feel free to query. If your work is rejected, feel free to resubmit at your leisure, up to three submissions per reading period. If your work is accepted, please wait at least 6 months after your work is published before resubmitting.
• We are a non-paying market.
• Send 1-4 poems in a single word document, 40 lines maximum per poem. Begin all poems on a new page.
Visual art submissions:
• In the case of visual art submissions, include all images as separate attachments, and make sure the file names match the title of the pieces. In your e-mail, along with your cover letter and bio, make sure to include each piece of art’s title and the media used. You may submit between 1 and 4 pieces of artwork at a time.
If you’ve read our guidelines and want to submit, please send your submission via e-mail to calamusjournal AT gmail DOTCOM. Include a brief cover letter with a short (100 words or less) third person author bio to be published alongside your work in the event that it is accepted. We look forward to reading your work!